Under direction of the foremen, laborers will typically work on a crew producing either asphalt (sealcoat, patching or pavement) or a concrete crew. A laborer’s job function will include, but not be limited to: site layout, shoveling, raking, flagging, and sweeping, along with operating small equipment such as blowers, saws, compactors and jack hammers. PLM will specifically train the individual to acquire the knowledge, skill and experience to advance in the organization and be a productive employee even if you have no experience coming into the company.
This position is full-time seasonal working May through November with depending on the year the potential for work in March, April and December (weather permitting). Average work days usually 10-12 hours but at times may be shorter or longer, requiring overtime and working weekends depending on which crew you are hired to work for. Travel may be required in Southeast Wisconsin; however, workload may also require further travel under unique circumstances but overnight accommodations and per-diem meal allowances are provided for in those instances. During the off-season we encourage our employees to supplement their income by assisting with snow removal and miscellaneous work to maximize their earning potential.
Individuals can advance quicker, and earn more income in the organization if they are committed to obtaining a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
PLM Paving and Concrete, LLC has been creating exceptional customer experiences producing asphalt, concrete, excavation and sealcoating projects for 53 years! Our culture is built on a foundation of hard-work, team environment, trust and respect for one another to work together to accomplish and construct our projects. Quality and service are key foundations of our company to maintain the amazing relationships we have with our customers and clients throughout SE Wisconsin. PLM is headquartered in Pewaukee, WI and employs over 140 people during peak construction season. We are committed to continuous improvement and routinely train our employees to learn new skills, advance in responsibility and enjoy lasting relationships while working to provide for themselves and their families. We believe in safety and teamwork to ensure everyone has a long, healthy and prosperous career!!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Reliable transportation to report to PLM
- Valid driver’s license preferred
- Ability to obtain Commercial Driver s License (CDL), if required
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Previous construction or physical job experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
- PLM Paving offers health health/dental/vision insurance (individual or family)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching program
- Flexible Scheduling for time off
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent and Healthcare)
- Career development
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Pewaukee, WI 53072