Seeking an experienced Heavy Equipment Mechanic able to perform the following: Electrical Diagnostics, Service Technician, Diesel Engines, Welding, & Various Routine Mechanical Skills to keep equipment running, and perform preventative maintenance.
Seeking a self-motivated team player with the desire to work within the heavy civil construction industry. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable and proficient in heavy equipment, agriculture equipment, and heavy truck and trailer maintenance and repair. The candidate must be willing to adapt to challenges in a fast-paced environment and must be able to problem solve on specialty and custom built equipment within a diversified fleet. We are implementing and developing software to aid in information flow from the field to shop and working with computers, tablets, & smart phones is a must.
This position would be a Foreman level position leading either our second or third shift Shop Operations.
Starting wage for an “Experienced” person is $30+ per hour based on expertise. Continuing wages based on value and paid weekly via direct deposit.
PLM Paving and Concrete, LLC has been creating exceptional customer experiences producing asphalt, concrete, excavation and sealcoating projects for 53 years! Our culture is built on a foundation of hard-work, team environment, trust and respect for one another to work together to accomplish and construct our projects. Quality and service are key foundations of our company to maintain the amazing relationships we have with our customers and clients throughout SE Wisconsin. PLM is headquartered in Pewaukee, WI and employs over 140 people during peak construction season. We are committed to continuous improvement and routinely train our employees to learn new skills, advance in responsibility and enjoy lasting relationships while working to provide for themselves and their families. We believe in safety and teamwork to ensure everyone has a long, healthy and prosperous career!!
- Excellent organizational, time management, and follow-through skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with solution orientated focus
- Team player w/ effective communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven commitment to project integrity
- Must embrace innovation & technology
- Class A CDL preferred w/ Tanker Endorsement
- Completion of technical school and/or 3 years experience with heavy equipment
- Physically fit to perform the job functions including the ability to stand, squat, bend, lift, and walk for long durations
- Able to communicate effectively and work in stressful situations
- Ability to listen and take direction from others
- Willingness to be a team player and help train less experienced employees
- PLM Paving offers health health/dental/vision insurance (individual or family)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching program
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent and Healthcare)
- Consistent overtime available throughout the year to earn additional income
JOB TYPE: Full-time